Emely from Emely’s Fine Food challenged me to find a way of making cauliflower, sexy! So I decided to make my version of Aloo Gobi,
which is a typical Indian vegetarian dish made famous in the film “Bend it like Beckham”.
So “Who wants to cook Aloo Gobi? If you do, you can get all the spices you need to make this dish in my online grocery store and / or by clicking directly on the ingredient below!
Ingredients for 4 people:
500 g cauliflower cut in florets
250 g peeled potatoes cut into small pieces
1 tomato diced
1 red onion (finely chopped)
3 crushed garlic cloves
25 g grated ginger
1 tsp Jeera (Indian cumin)
11 tsp Raï (black mustard seeds)
2 tsp Haldi (turmeric powder)
1 tsp Kashmiri Mirch (Kashmiri chili powder)
1 tsp Garam Masala
4-5 curry leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Instructions for preparing the Aloo Gobi:
- In a frying pan, fry the onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, mustard and cloves and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garammasala and curry leaves. Stir well for 1-2 minutes and add a little water (0.5 – 1 dl).
- Add the vegetables (cauliflower, potatoes and tomato), salt and pepper and stir well until all the vegetables soak up the liquid.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.