WHAT DOES THE RANDIN CHEF OFFER?
The Randin Chef regularly holds cooking workshops for vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian food in Echichens in the Canton of Vaud.
However, all our courses are now on hold due to COVID-19. Until we’re back up and running, please join us on Facebook and Instagram for regular updates and cooking ideas!
JOIN US ON SOCIAL
THE MISSION AND VALUES OF THE RANDIN CHEF
Our mission is to demystify Indian cuisine and its countless spices and make it accessible to everyone.
The Randin Chef’s values are five in number and form the acronym S.P.I.C.E. which is the very soul of Indian cuisine, without its countless spices, Indian cuisine would lose all of its identity and purpose.
- Sence of balance: Our recipes must be natural, balanced and good for the health
- Prompt : cooking a good Indian dish shouldn’t take longer than making frozen pizza
- Indisputable:Indian cuisine is a cuisine with countless spices that can quickly deviate from its DNA, the aim being to teach authentic cuisine with family recipes
- Confidence : the idea is that people appropriate the recipes and be comfortable enough with spices and cooking techniques so that they gain confidence and adapt the recipes according to their desires and tastes.
- Easy: the goal being that even a person who does not know how to cook an egg can cook Indian cuisine, the recipes must be very simple to make
We are husband and wife married for the worst, but especially for the best, one of the reasons why we decided to start the The Randin Chef … do we not say that love goes through stomach!
The Randin Chef
I’m a former banker, now living out my life’s dream of running a business where I can share my love of cooking and good food with others. I’m 100% Swiss from both sides of the Röstigraben So don’t be surprised if it’s me you see with the apron when you come to one of our workshops!
Vanessa Martin Randin
The Randin Chef's wife
I’m the Indian in the relationship and the reason (at least I like to think so…) why The Randin Chef has a penchant for this cuisine. You will most likely find me behind my camera or on my phone Facebooking and Instagramming, because the only thing I like to make for dinner is reservations.